MACCS International is the world-wide market leader in developing ERP systems for the international film industry. Our software is not only used by the small local distributors, but also by the leading, most reputable names in the business such as Warner Bros., Paramount Pictures, Universal, Pathé and Entertainment One. Nearly all big film releases such as Terminator, American Sniper and The Hobbit – are released into cinemas using MACCS software.
As market leader we set the global standard for movie distribution software. In recent years MACCS International has demonstrated strong, solid growth and we are confident that this will continue in the coming years, as we expand our market position across the US, Germany and the Far East.
This growth means we have a number of challenging positions for candidates who are not only looking for a job where personal growth is guaranteed, but where you will also be challenged to help shape the company further as a global player that sets the industry standard.
(Based in Groningen)
As a member of our system administration team you will help support our technical infrastructure for both internal use and in support of our customers. The team supports a variety of systems and databases: Microsoft Windows workplaces, Microsoft Windows servers, Linux webservers running Apache and Tomcat, Linux database servers running Oracle and MariaDB. Servers are hosted in the cloud, on local premises, and on customer’s premises.
We are keen to meet all skilled candidates. Therefore, we explicitly invite both recent College or University graduates as well as experienced administrators to apply.
As System Administrator you are responsible for operational activities around maintaining and supporting our infrastructure as well as supporting customers whenever required. In this role you will also be allocated specific projects around infrastructure changes and/or improvements to be made for either our internal users or for our customers.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Define and manage the ICT architecture
- Installing and configuring workstations
- Installing and configuring application servers, webservers, database servers
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Providing face-to-face / telephone user support
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and solving system / network problems
- Development and maintenance of support documentation
- Supporting new applications
- Responding within agreed time limits to requests for support
- Prioritizing and managing several open tasks at any one time
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with users
- Testing and evaluating new technologies
- General preventative maintenance
- Keep abreast of latest new technologies and processes
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science or equivalent field
- Demonstrated education and knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux. Knowledge on database administration is preferred (Oracle, MariaDB)
- Management and configuration experience with LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, Wireless Networks, Network Management, Network Security (Firewalls, VPN, IPSEC)
- Knowledge of cloud technology, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS), is an advantage
- Good command of the Dutch and English language
Your core competencies:
- Technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and convey complex technical information in simple terms
- Proven ability to actively contribute with projects and the company’s strategic objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Exhibits high personal commitment to deliver quality
What we offer you:
- A job within a growing international company in which you will be guided and mentored
- A role that enables you to work closely with software developers and our customers
- Excellent salary in line with the market
- Pleasant work climate
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
Interested in applying? Please send a brief cover letter and your CV to email@example.com
(based in Groningen)
Do you have the talent and ambition to start as a junior tester for an international software company? Then we have the ideal position for you!
As junior tester at MACCS International you will be working on reducing risks when connecting new clients to our MaccsBox system. Key responsibilities are the execution of interface tests and verify generated reports from our MaccsBox system against existing figures.
Your profile and core competencies:
- TMap and/or ISEB/ISTQB expertise or equivalent testing knowledge
- Experience with specifying and executing tests
- A result driven- and customer-oriented mindset
- Good command of the English language
What we offer you:
- An exciting position within a growing international software company, you will be given a mentor to help guide you and develop your skills and competencies
- Competitive salary
- A 6 months contract, with the possibilty to extend the contract upon satisfactory performance
- Pleasant work climate
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Excellent coffee!
Interested in applying? Please send a brief cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t see your role here?
We’re always looking for talented individuals, so if you don’t see a role that suits but are still interested in joining the team please send us a brief covering letter and your CV to email@example.com