MACCS Everywhere on tablet or laptop
What are your advantages
Adding Windows 2012 RDS to your existing Microsoft infrastructure is an excellent and cost effective option for extending the MACCS software to remote users. Your MACCS users can use MACCS wherever they are as long as they have a pc, laptop or tablet with internet connection.
What you need
You can easily provide hosted MACCS using Windows 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Services in your existing Microsoft Windows domain. Add a Windows 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Server in your domain, provide access to the existing MACCS database and open up the necessary protocols on your firewall. A standard of-the-shelf 64bit server will do, depending on the number of users server capacity will need to be increased. Pc’s, laptops or mobile clients just need the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client software installed and an internet connection.
How you can use it
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client software and an internet connection you can use MACCS on your PC, laptop and iPad or Android Tablet. Just login on the remote MACCS webportal and start your MACCS session. The Microsoft Remote Desktop Client software is part of your Windows installation, on your iPad or Android tablet you only need to install the free available Microsoft Remote Desktop Client using the AppStore or Google Play.
Hosted MACCS features
Due to the nature of the hosted MACCS infrastructure differences in comparison to a local MACCS installation there are some differences in usability between hosted and local MACCS:
- Emailing from hosted MACCS is only possible if the hosted MACCS server is allowed to deliver email on your company’s email server.
- Hosted MACCS only works if the network you are connecting from allows you to make a remote connection to the hosted MACCS server per Windows 2012 RDS requirements.
- Printing, import & export of files with hosted MACCS is only possible when using hosted MACCS on Microsoft Windows or Mac OSX.
- Document management features are very limited in the hosted MACCS environment.
- Performance of hosted MACCS is comparable to and most likely better than classical Windows environments but can of course be influenced by the stability and speed of your internet connection.
Your business data available at arm’s length…. 24/7!
Single Server implementation
- New clients can implement MACCS and Windows 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Services on a single server
- Existing clients can migrate their current MACCS/Oracle Server to Windows 2012 R2 RDS Server
Dual Server implementation
- New clients can implement MACCS/Oracle and Windows 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Services on separate servers
- Existing clients can run a Windows 2012 R2 Server for Remote Desktop Services alongside the existing MACCS/Oracle server